I am Uday Gajendar, a UI designer in Silicon Valley with a decade of experience, since 2001. My ever-expanding repertoire of work includes enterprise web apps, VOIP phones, and consumer concepts at a range of companies: Oracle, Adobe, Cisco, frogdesign, Netflix, and Citrix. Holding degrees in both interaction design (Carnegie Mellon) and industrial design (Michigan), I constantly push the field with talks and papers focused on designing attractive, intuitive digital products.
» Read more
- Planned, coordinated, and led a 2-day innovation workshop with Citrix Labs at our new Product Design Collaboration Studio.
- Co-planned and led discussions for a couple internal Mobile Summits, with a deeper analysis of what exactly is "mobile UX" and how to fold that thinking into our practice.
- Concepted, designed, and delivered the visual and interaction designs for a new feature of Citrix Receiver / XenApp that allows you to interact directly with Windows 7 as a re-skinned iOS "app" using iOS UI conventions to feel more native, natural for iPad users.
- Contributed to the beautiful evolution of Citrix Receiver achieving greater levels of multi-device and cross-platform cohesiveness. More on this will be discussed at my SxSW 2012...stay tuned! ;-)
- Participated in various "design thinking" workshops, from Stanford d.school, Luma Institute, Kaiser Innovation, and Lime Design. I described some of the common shared qualities here.
- Lots of UX Community outreach: Spoke at Citrix Online in Santa Barbara on "beauty as a quality of UX", submitted a paper to HCI International on "design + engineering relationships", presented at Hacker Dojo on "how to work with a designer", also spoke at Silicon Valley Codecamp on a couple topics (UI design fundamentals, partnering with a designer).
- Continued updating my blog as usual...